Saturday, February 4, 2012

The details

 

I captured a few details of my weekend.



It was my first weekend on my own, I had no agenda and no idea how to fill my time.  Lucky for me, the sun decided to finally come out and the weather was absolutely gorgeous.  After my absurdly large (and unhealthy) breakfast, I spent Saturday exploring.


I wandered around Repulse Bay. 







And then caught a bus to Stanley Market.







I got home just in time to see this view from the apartment.   

Being alone with nowhere to go and nothing to accomplish was a very foreign concept for me.  I'm always rushing ahead to the next step, making to-do lists and planning for the future.  Saturday was a welcomed change of pace.  Slowing down and being present allowed me to notice the details.     

2 comments:

  1. Casey,

    love this blog - what a writer you are!
    And this post really made me homesick for HK - enjoy that amazing city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Casey! So good to hear from you! Glad to hear you are off to a great start. Love, love, love your blog and awesome pics! You are so talented! And Brave!!

    ReplyDelete